Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Bloody Mess

Mom had lung problems with bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema, and she was really sick at times.  Since I didn't go to school yet, there was allot of time to be with mom and grandma.  One day mom was sick and was spending the day in grandma's bed to be close to the phone, kitchen, and bathroom.  My thoughts were to stay by mom in case she needed something and because I loved her so much it scared me when she got so sick.  So I took my doll in the bedroom to play quietly under the window across the room from the bed.  Mom told me to leave, so I tried to be extremely quieter.  She asked me again with more authority to get out of the room.  As I was explaining why I wanted to stay, she got up out of bed, with a look of determination, she proceeded to pick me up by my throat and shake me.  Man, this took me off guard!!  She never did this before and can safely say never again.  She was calling me names I believe, but not sure because I was struggling for air and my nose was bleeding I thought, unless she was squeezing the living snot out of me!!!!  My hero, grandma, came to see what all the yelling was about, thank goodness.  She grabbed me from the fatal death grip and told my mom to get her butt back in bed and stay there.  Yea, I thought stay there for sure!  Grandma took me to the kitchen and put my head back with a cold cloth on the back of my neck and forehead.  When I calmed down, I thanked her for helping me.  She warned me not to upset mom when she was not feeling well.  No crap!!  It did not take a sledge hammer over the head to teach me a lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment