Saturday, March 12, 2011

Pinch & Poke- Bad Day

One day we went to visit my mom's Aunt Iddie.  Mom's sister and youngest daughter rode along with mom, my sister and myself.  We had a 1955 Chevy two door.  Upon arrival everyone exited with me bringing up the rear.  As I was almost out of the car my sister (I'm sure it must have been an accident) slammed the car door shut.  The problem was, my finger was stuck in the door of the car.  It was smashed and sooo painful I could not utter even a wimper.  Patiently standing there in disbelief, with tears flooding my chubby red checks, I waited until someone finally missed me.  Let's just say taking a head count was not first on their agenda!  Mom came out and yelled at me for not telling someone my finger waas caught.  Believe me, if I could have spoken or moved to tell them I was stuck wouldn't you think I would?  How did I get in trouble?  Well Aunt Iddie took me into the bathroom to bandage my boo-boo.  Then I was told to go outside and play.  So I found my sister and my cousin that came with us and started to play whatever they were playing.  Being 6 years younger than them, they did not want me around.  At that time I was maybe 6 or 7 years old.  So they thought of a way to get rid of me.  Boy was it good - for them not me!  All along the side of Aunt Iddie's house she had these picker bushes with pickers about an inch to inch and a half long.  Each bush had thousands of pickers each!  So they pushed me backwards into those bushes.  I hit my head on the siding of the house along with my first treatment of acupuncture.  Those pickers were not only looong but sharper than a needle, thus easily poking right through my cotton shorts and short sleeve blouse.  Of course, I don't know how you get up from falling backwards into picker bushes, but I found it very hard to move.  There wasn't a safe place to push off from with my hands.  So I had to actually push my hands into some pickers to be able to turn over and stand up.  Needless to say, my sister and cousin ran off and suddenly disappeared like magic.  It took gusts to walk calmly back into the house and ask for help.  The silly question was, "why were you playing in those bushes?"  Again I was in trouble, causing trouble, disrupting the adult visitation.  Another trip into Aunt Iddie's bathroom to get iodine and bandaids all over my body.  Don't believe them when they say it isn't going to hurt, HA!  This was when I decided to spend the rest of my visit on the couch, I had seen enough of Aunt Iddie's bathroom!  When I had to pee, I did not need to ask if I could go , nor did I need to ask for directions to the bathroom I was a veteran of sitting on the one seater.  It was nice to visit it alone for a change.  You could say it was a bad day.

No comments:

Post a Comment