Friday, March 18, 2011
My little pony
Talking about the fair reminded me of a time we went and I got to ride the ponies. My sister must not have been there that day. To a 4 or 5 year old the ponies look big up close. To an adult they look pretty small and harmless. This day I was going to ride the ponies, even if I was afraid! So this big greasey looking unshaved mean man lifted me up and sat me on a pony. The ponies started to walk in a circle, when all of a sudden, my pony nipped me. It nipped me again! Again! Did it know I was afraid of him? Did he know I was a little helpless girl? Then I started to cry and each time I would pass my parents I yelled get me off!! The mean man came over to the side of my pony, only I thought he was going to take me off, when in a very gruff and deep voice he told me to shut up!!! Then he told me in that same deep gruff voice that I was alright nobody was trying to kill me!! What?? I could get killed? Why was he being such a nasty man, maybe he was having a bad day. Well, so was I!! He made me really want off, but now I was afraind to say anything to anyone. To me, that ride lasted an eternity, but was actually maybe 5 minutes. When he came over to me to take me down, my eyes were as big as flying saucers. I didn't know if he was gonig to yell again or hit me or what. I was petrified stiff and could barely walk back to my parents. Who seemed to be oblivious as to above details. To this day I think horses, what ever size, are a beautiful animal, but I don't want to get within a hundred yards of one. Needless to say, I did not ride another ride that day. Is it a wonder that all my years growing up, I was not an adventure-ist and would say, "I do not want to do that because I could get hurt." Thank gooness we don't use horses for transportation on a daily basis today or I would stay home and never travel anywhere.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment