Wednesday, March 23, 2011
Puppy Love?
My sister Diane, had a dog for several years before I was born. It was a cocker spaniel, all black, and she was very creative naming him Blacky. They did everything together and that dog loved her and would do anything she ask. Blacky was kept in the garage on a chain that gave him plenty of room to roam around the back yard. Every time we rode in the car, Diane always rode behind mom, and I rode behind dad on the drivers side. Diane loved to play this game each trip to the car. She would laugh so hard with those brown evil eyes. Her game was 'sic her Blacky'!! That little black dog would come at me full throttle, baring his teeth, and the worst part was his deep, deep wicked growl. He scared me, and even when Diane was at school, and I would try to play with Blacky, he would do the same thing. If I happened to play within his area in the back yard that his chain reached, that wicked puppy would chase me nipping at my heels. He would jump up and try to bite me, at least that was what I thought he was trying to do. I didn't usually stick around long enough to experiment. Could this be the key to my fear of dogs? It didn't matter what Diane did to me, she was my sister and I loved her, she just didn't love me back yet. Across the many years, I think I have grown on her, because now she says "I couldn't ask for a better sister, I love her so much." That saying about hanging in there is true. Give it 55 years or so and they will come around to appreciate your existence!!! When we had to get rid of Blacky, I was crying on the outside, but I'm ashamed that on the inside it was a feeling of relief and celebration. Don't tell my sister, we have come so far!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment