Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Help!!??!!
When I was 3 years old, my parentstold me it was time to sleep upstairs with my sister. In the middle of the night sometimes I had to use the restroom. Of course, I was afraid of the dark, so I needed my sister to assist in my distress. Some people don't like to be woke up or don't wake up ever in a good mood. Such is the case with my sister. Was it easier to face my afraid of the dark demons or the demon my sister turned into when I would ask her to take me to the bathroom? Since I could not reach any light switch it seemed to me a neccessity, at the time. She would push and pull me back as we walked, as we were going down the stairs, always telling me I was a pain in her, well you know. Many nights I thought I would fall down the steps, it's a wonder I could hold my bladder or other matter. The light in our bathroom was a pull string about 2 feet too high for me to reach, and the toilet paper roll was at least 2 feet higher when I was standing which was too high when I was on the toilet. Needless to say I needed help anyway. After we dafely made it to the toilet, she would put me up on the seat and then the demon really came out. She would laugh as she turned out the lights (all the lights) and run back up the stairs to bed. This must have been how I learned patience, because I would just sit there and cry. Actually it was a series of sniffles. Mom and dad's bedroom was too far away and they were both hard of hearing anyway. Thank the Lord grandma lived with us or visa versa. She would hear my sniffles of dispare and get up to check it out. Now, it was not easy for grandma to walk but, she would come to get me some toilet paper so I could wipe my butt. Then she always told me I could sleep with her. She didn't mind helping me to the bathroom, or at least she never let on that she had. Well I should tell you grandma wasn't a real small woman and she slept in a single bed. That was ok because she put me between her and the wall. It was a safe place in that gap between the mattress and the wall. Safe because my sister could not get to me, and safe because I knew I could not fall to the floor lying in that gap, grandma was laying on the mattress and it was going nowhere!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment