Friday, April 1, 2011

Dead Indians (continued)

The other was under the stairs where a nail had safely been secluded to hang the key for the freezer.  Relatives, who can trust them when it comes to food?  Actually, Aunt Fern's family on occasion would come and take what they needed when they were low on money.  So we hid that key under the stairs, clever?  When mom needed something from the basement she would ask Di or I to go down.  Diane being older usually made me go, because she had to get stuff out of the attic, so the basement was my job.  Anyone knows you make more tips to the basement than the attic because the need for food and laundry.  Many times mom ask me to get something out of the freezer.  Because of the spiders and cobwebs, I would stand for minutes on end starring at that key patiently waiting for a spider to move off the key.  Those crazy spiders really loved crawling around that blasted key!  Sometimes I would take so long, mom yelled down to tell me to hurry or ask what was taking me so long!!  She often told me that they were just spiders, or that I was bigger than they were.  YEA!  But they had more legs than me and ran faster!!   Getting the key was the hard part, putting it back was a cinch!!  I cannot understand why putting it back was easier and faster?  Anyway the next hurdle was getting back up the stairs without the Indians grabbing me!  If you back up and time it just right, get a running start, I out foxed those Indians every time.  I may not be faster then a spider, but I was faster then a dead Indian!! Yea!!  So long story short, Di and I survived yet another traumatic experience.  Because we lived to write this now you know how to out maneuver dead Indians!!  You are welcome!!  Oh, I forgot to tell you that in the middle of the basement built upon a 2 foot cement square was the furnace.  When either the water or sub pump, or furnace would kick on they scared the baageebee's out of us, we thought it was an Indian getting us.  We hated the attic and basement, which is why I bought a house without either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment