Saturday, April 2, 2011
The Fort
Before attending kindergarten, I was given a vaccination that hurt and made a big scab on my upper arm. That would mean I was either 4 or 5 years old. One day the neighbors had a stove delivered in a huge box. The kids in the area asked if they could play with the box to create a fort. Wow! This sounded fun, so I joined in to help. The neighbor and Diane my sister said they needed me to get in the box to see where the windows should go as well as the door. I was the shortest and youngest, the box was taller than me. Everyone picked up the box and put it over me, now I was inside! But it was totally dark, I could not see anything! As I tried to move the box, it would not move. Everyone started to laugh and hit the sides of the thing. Now I was really getting scared!! The more I yelled to let me out the harder they laughed. When I began to cry, my sister told me they were sitting on top and would never let me out. Suddenly, I heard something! It was a knife being pushed into the cardboard, to make a door and let me out I was told. Were they crazy!! That could have stabbed me, cut me, poked out my eye because they did not know where I was setting! As they sawed with the knife light began to flicker inside. No sooner than the door was made, I burst out of that thing so fast it scared the kids on the outside. Determined to escape, I did not realize until I was safe in our house, that the big scab on my arm had been ripped off. Mom asked why I was crying, so between sobs, I explained what happened. My arm was bleeding so hard, mom put on some mecuracomb (pink liquid that stung and stained for days) and a band aid. She told me to go lay down till I calmed down, which meant nap time. It was alright to me, I was safe at home. How do you know when to trust someone? Like Shakespeare, to trust or not to trust that is the question, or something like that. Now this could explain my fear of dark closed in places, claustrophobia! Guess I will check architecture and interior design off my career list.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment