Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Dog Gone Fish

My girlfriend, Rosanne, and her family were going fishing, so they invited me to join them.  Since I had not a clue as to what it was about, I thought why not?  We fished along the bank of the bay on a nice pleasant sunny day.  As I was about to set my chair next to Rosie's mom, she in no certain terms told me to get my own spot this was hers!  Man, what a grouch!  So I went to set next to Rose and she basically said the same exact thing!  Did I not tell them this was my first time fishing?  Doesn't that mean I have no idea how to fish, pick a spot, use the pole, or bait the hook???  Her brother Buster was at least nice enough to bait my hook and cast my line out into the bay!  Thank you Buster!!  So I ignored all of them and just sat there holding this stupid pole, sitting in a chair next to water I was sure might be extremely deep.  What an exciting afternoon!  What more could I ask for besides a little chit chat or kind words.  Why in the world did they ask me to come along??  About and hour must have passed, when my pole took a big jerk down towards the water.  It scared the crap out of me, but what do I do next?  So I yelled HELP!!  Buster came running over since he was the closest to my fishing spot.  He talked me through reeling it in.  He said it must be a big one the way it was fighting.  Everyone came over to see the action.  Just as Buster was going into the water with a big net, the fish took a leap up out of the water.  What??  I dropped my pole and started to walk away when Rosie's mom ask where the ---- do you think your going?  It was the biggest ugliest fish I had ever seen, it looked like half animal.  I wanted no part of such an awful looking thing.  Buster rescued the pole and lost the fish. Thank goodness!!  Someone identified the fish as being called a dog fish!!  Dog fish?  I never heard of a fish named that.  Replying to Rosie's mom, I said that was one ugly huge fish, it was not a keeper, it was too ugly to touch, and if the fish was staying, I wasn't watching.  Needless to say fishing is not my forte.  Poking a worm 2 or 3 times with a hook, setting on the edge of dark deep water, not knowing what is under the water, ripping a hook out of a fishes mouth, setting in the sun getting sunburned, and riding in a car that smells of smoke, fish, worms, and people who expel gas for fun to see who smells the worst, is a waste of my time.  Not what I call fun or interesting! Do you?

No comments:

Post a Comment