Friday, April 8, 2011
Egg-cited
Just outside the village limits of our hometown, was a big chicken farm. The Anderson family lived there and raised chickens to sell but mostly they sold eggs to our local store or anyone who stopped by. We always bought our eggs fresh from them every 2 weeks. Mom always took me with her to go in to get the eggs. We drove past the house to the chicken building. It was really long, big and stinky! When you go inside, there was a machine that eggs came out of and was manually packed into the egg cartons. We would return the cartons every time we went for new eggs. Look, we were recycling before anyone thought " go green"!!! Anyway, there was a big window just to your left that you could see thousands of chickens. They were clucking, crowing, eating, laying, and pooping all right there in that long long building! Even with the window you could hear them, man they were noisy critters! Well, I did not mind going in for the eggs because one of the Anderson boys usually worked in there sorting eggs. He was very cute, I thought, was nice, friendly, and patted me on the shoulder or head as I would leave. At that time I was so blasted shy I could barely look up at home without my face turning 80 shades of red. Mom didn't know that was why I did not mind going in for her or she would have teased me to no end! Sometimes when mom cracked an egg it had a double yolk, and I thought it would have been twins, AH, Yum!! Eggs now days do not taste as good or fresh as Anderson's, but an egg is an egg.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment